Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Covers anyone?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member almarockstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Im listening to Only Women Bleed covered by Lita Ford.... The song was already awsome with Cooper, but hearing it from the fab-uhloussss- guitar godess Lita is even better

    Other cool covers..

    Rock n' Roll by the Runaways in Live in Japan
    Sorrow by David Bowie
    Alabama Song by The Doors in their live album

    How About you???
    [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cherie does a wonderful cover of the Nazareth song, "Love Hurts". You can hear it live on the Viper Room video, (we'll be getting those in a few days!)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MrFrosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 2004
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like it when someone does a cover song but adds there own creative spin on it rather than making it exactly like the original.

    I liked Ugly Kid Joe's version of 'Cat's in the Cradle'. Another is 'Tainted Love' sung by a group called My Ruin. It's basically a Metal/Techno version of it.

    I'd like to do my own version of 'Thunder' so long as I'm not the one singing.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member knightjewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2000
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I loved the Runaways' cover of That's Rock and Roll.
    C'mon everybody get down and get with it!

  5. #5
    famveronica
    Guest famveronica's Avatar

    Wink

    Suzi Quatro
    All shook up

    Madonna
    Imagine ( yes she does it good )

    Veronica Lorentzen
    Call me at midnight

    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    famveronica
    Guest famveronica's Avatar

    Smile

    Oh it makes me think of Cherie when she first came to sing with The Runaways and she wanted do do Fever...... And they were all like FEVER !!!
    We can't play no Fever, it's too slow hahaha...
    I beth Cherie does a mean version of it though [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Cool covers IMO:

    Devo_Satisfaction
    Doors_Gloria
    Cherie_For Your Eyes Only
    Beatles_Roll Over Beethoven
    Runaways_Rock N Roll
    Joan Jett_Celluloid Heroes
    Elton John_Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
    The Animals_River Deep Mountain High
    Jimi Hendrix_All Along The Watchtower
    Hayseed Dixie_I Love Rock N Roll
    Rolling Stones_Like A Rolling Stone

    and many many more!
    I love cool cover versions!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner Tard's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2001
    Posts
    2,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really enjoy 'Me First and The Gimme-Gimmes' punk-covers (ocassionally ska) of Gen-X childhood favorites.

    Mrs. Robinson, Brown Eyed Girl, Down By The Schoolyard, You're a Mean One Mr Grinch, the Cheers theme, Scooby-Doo, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love Cover tunes, And I have been playing a bunch of them on my Imaginary Radio Station WROG.

    Lords Of The New Church-Like A Virgin
    Metallica-Turn The Page
    Pat Boone- No More Mister Nice Guy
    Madonna-American Pie
    Tiny Tim- Highway To ****
    William Shatner- Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
    Dolly Parton- Stairway To Heaven

  10. #10
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love Cover tunes, And I have been playing a bunch of them on my Imaginary Radio Station WROG.

    Lords Of The New Church-Like A Virgin
    Metallica-Turn The Page
    Pat Boone- No More Mister Nice Guy
    Madonna-American Pie
    Tiny Tim- Highway To ****
    William Shatner- Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
    Dolly Parton- Stairway To Heaven
    White Stripes-Jolene
    Johnny Cash-Cats In The Cradle
    Cyndi Lauper- Working Class Hero
    Fallen Angel-Only Women Bleed
    Hayseed Dixie-Centerfold
    Lemmy & Wendy O Williams- Stand By Your Man
    The Bobs (accapella group)- Purple Haze

    Thats enough to make all three of my remaining brain cells to start vibrating until they hurt....

    rOGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic